06 November 2008

Hobo Stew

A few weeks ago when I went camping, I made Hobo Stew over a campfire.  The meal is readily transferable to non-campfire cooking. 
What's nice about this recipe is that you can use pre-cooked items, so you don't have to worry about cooking things extra thoroughly.
So, without further adieu, here is the recipe:
In a non-stick frying pan (although you can use a regular frying pan if you want), combine:

  • Random vegetables of your choice (I use broccoli, celery, mushrooms, and peppers).
  • Some variety of pre-cooked sausage.  While camping, we used kielbasa sausage.  At home, I used Trader Joe's chicken sausage.
  • A medium potato, sliced thinly.  (You can cook the potato with the rest of the food if you want).  Or, if you're like me, and are impatient, you can just cook the potato in the microwave and add it to the pot.
  • Simmer this whole concoction for a little while.
  • After simmering, put it on a plate, and season it to your taste.  I use Montreal Steak seasoning, but you could use pepper, or really anything.
You're done!

No comments: